Those persons participating in the mission of the Caribbean Youth Network shall be in agreement with its desire to make known the Gospel of Jesus Christ. All directors, officers, staff and volunteers shall be in agreement with the following Statement of Faith.
1. That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the divinely inspired and infallible Word of God, and that they are the supreme authority on all matters of faith and
2. In God, the loving Creator who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. That God created Adam and Eve, they sinned, and as a result, all people are born into a sinful state. Humankind is born guilty before their Creator. The consequences of sin are physical and spiritual death, otherwise known as separation from God. Human beings can do nothing on their own to merit the favor of God or reconcile themselves to God.
4. Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as an atoning and substitutionary sacrifice. On the third day, according to the Scriptures, he rose bodily from the dead. He is seated at the right hand of the Father, continuing to rule as Lord over all and interceding for us as our Great High Priest.
5. All who believe in Jesus Christ are justified and adopted into His family on the ground of His life of perfect righteousness and death on the cross. By the grace of God, believers are restored into a right relationship with God and granted eternal life, thus having assurance of salvation.
6. That the Holy Spirit renews our hearts, compelling us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord. The Holy Spirit operates in the sanctification of believers, and empowers Christians for service in furthering the Kingdom of God.
7. That Christ established a visible church, which under the Spirit and Word, has been summoned to preach the Gospel, disciple believers, administer the sacraments, to relieve human need, and to strive for social justice.
8. That God’s redemptive plan will be consummated by the bodily return of Christ to raise the dead, judge all men and establish His glorious kingdom.